Mill's College Powwow

~ Saturday, May 15, 2010








This year was my first time going to the Mill's College Powwow in Oakland, and the first outdoor one I brought my son to. These are just a few snaps of my family.

I've stopped shooting excessive photos of the arena, I have years upon years and thousands upon thousands of photographs that I have no idea what to do with. I've been considering the idea of a photo-book for several years now based on contemporary Native culture, showing both the sterotypical American idea of Native Americans (like in regalia at a powwow) as well as the "behind the scenes" of real life. My fam and I are taking a cross-country roadtrip this coming fall, from California down through the Southwest, into the deep South, then up through the Midwest and back. That would definitely be the opportunity I need to get the nationwide coverage I'd want for that kind of book. We'll see!

0 comments:

Post a Comment